Effects of Higher Intensities
The higher the intensity, the higher the charge that will be produced in the body, and the faster the cells in the body will be affected. A 1 Gauss magnet will produce 100,000 times more powerful charge than what the body produces on its own. The PEMF-120 produces a maximum of around 9,400 Gauss, which at the higher intensities can produce enough charge to cause muscle contractions.
Higher intensities have been said to be dangerous, but the body is exposed to a very wide array of intensities. The earth’s magnetic field, for instance, is about one half Gauss. An MRI machine is typically up to 40,000 Gauss (4Tesla). The human body itself puts out about one millionth of a Gauss. Used appropriately, these fields can provide benefit.
Three aspects of patient exposure to EMFs have been cause for concern since the introduction of the MRI, which are the most intense PEMFs that most humans will be exposed to in a lifetime. These aspects of MRI are the radiofrequency transmitter fields, the time dependent gradient fields, and the static field. Theoretical and experimental studies indicate that MRI is not harmful, as confirmed by the millions of scans performed over the last several decades, except for metal and electrical devices in the body.
- Crucial are maximum field gradient of 2.78 T/m and maximum force product 8.7 T/m2
- Scanner development has involved the use of evermore intense fields of all three types in order to achieve improved scanner performance.
- At 4 Tesla, mechanisms of interactions between magnetic fields and human tissues appear to be below the threshold for producing significant injury to normal human tissues.
- Parameters of interactions include a substantial margin of safety for exposures to lower strength magnets.
- Technically speaking, the ultimate limit of tolerance to intense static magnetic fields for the healthiest and most adventurous humans:
- In the 100-200T range, there will be a significant alteration in the population of the various spin states in iron atoms, oxygen molecules, and free radicals
- Rates of many chemical reactions, oxygen binding to Hgb and electron transport chain of the mitochondria could be dangerously affected
- Between 25-50T, flow induced electric fields around vessels would exceed threshold for nerve and muscle stimulation
The magnetic energy difference between adjacent energy states induced by a 4T field is less than heat energy by a factor of about 58. Even at 4T, only small changes in heat are produced. The PEMF-120 produces a maximum of about 1.5 T, and while it can cause muscle contractions at its highest levels, it is otherwise well below the threshold for what a human body can handle.
The instantaneously higher intensities are of a shorter duration, which produces more activation of molecules. This means that the “on-time” of the charge is short, which enables the cells to have enough “off-time” to actually use the energy they have just received, and reset themselves to receive it again.
As a result of very high intensities, the produced high charges in the body can increase the Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) of cells by up to 500%, giving cells more fuel to be efficient in the body, and influencing stimulation for the body’s own capacity for healing. The PEMF-120 is a time-varying magnetic field which induces an electric field in the body, whose magnitude is proportional to the rate of change of the magnetic wave. The ability of this system to produce up to 5.3T per microsecond produces these changes substantially and quickly, garnering noticeable results at amazing rates.
The charges produced by high-intensity magnetic fields has been found in research to positively benefit coagulation, fractures, psychological/cognitive issues, immunology, muscle actions, nerve conductivity, EEG effects, intestinal motility, skin respiration, antioxidant activity, and many other bodily functions. Relief from many different ailments has been reported after just a few treatments even with this high intensity PEMF-120.